Moot Court Association
The Moot Court Association (MCA) is the student committee entrusted with the responsibility of administering mooting activities and upholding the high standards of excellence. Mooting as an activity can perhaps best be described as the closest one comes to being a lawyer while still in law school – it involves identifying legal issues in situations, exhaustive research in that area of law, followed by extensive written submissions and grueling orals before a bench of eminent judges, in short, everything a lawyer is expected to do. For the purpose of developing advocacy skills among our students, SCLC this year constituted The Moot Court Association consisting of faculty members and student representatives. The Moot Court Association (MCA) is a committee entrusted with the responsibility of administering mooting activities and upholding the high standards of excellence.
- The MCA’ role is to facilitate and regulate mooting at the SCLC. Firstly, this involves planning, organizing and executing moot court competitions and various other competitions and guest lectures.
- MCA’s second major mandate is to constitute the College Moot Team, a process which stretches over a period of time and incorporates 2 rounds of mooting, culminating in a ranking of those selected to represent the SCLC at various state, national and international moots.
- The third major mandate that the MCA serves is to develop future mooters, as well as an interest in mooting. In pursuance of this, the MCA follows a policy of encouraging participation in mooting from all batches, including the first years. For the purpose of achieving it’s aim MCA has conducted various activities such as interactive sessions with experienced Mooters and advocates. It has also organized intra moot court competition for SCLC students. Mr. Abhishek Nandimath, student of 1st year B.A.LL.B. won the first prize in this competition.
Objectives of the MCA-
- To promote Academic Activities within the College.
- To ensure better opportunities for competent students in future.
- To raise the level of competition within the college.
- To provide a better stage to the budding Lawyers and encourage the talent within the college.
- To support each other in order to attain academic excellence.