About the Forum-
- The word ‘CHETANA’ is a Sanskrit word which means consciousness, force of life that gives us identity and purpose of identity.
- Because of initiative of students of 1st year LL.B. the Forum- Chetana has been established on 23rd January 2013 in our college.
- Taking in consideration the prospective role of students as lawyers, judges and teachers in shaping our society, this forum intends to create a common platform for students to discuss various socio-legal issues. The forum also intends to encourage students’ participation in the social transformation so as to create an ideal society.
Objectives of Forum-
- Providing a platform for law students to express their views and opinions.
- Encouraging and facilitating interaction among students.
- Tosensitize the students about legal, regional, national, global and societal issues.
- Promoting and inculcating democratic values and principles.
Working of Forum-
- To achieve its objectives forum will be conducting following activities-
- Regular interactive sessions
- Mock parliament
- Essay writing competition
Activities of Forum-
- As its first activity Forum-Chetana had organized intra-collegiate ESSAY-COMPETITION on 13th Feb 2013. There was an enthusiastic approach of students to this competition. Our students Aniruddha Kulkarni 2nd year LL.B and Bhaskar Roy 4th year B.S.L. were declared as Winner and First runner up respectively.
On 10th march 2013 Legal Aid Camp was organized by college at village Bhor District, Pune. In this camp following presentations on central and state welfare schemes were given by students-Photo Gallary(12)
- Presentation on compulsory education scheme.
- presentation on Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee scheme,
- Presentation on Sanjay Gandhi Niradhar Yojana.
- In the camp student members of Forum conducted survey and collected data on implementations of these schemes by villagers.
Forum-‘Chetana’ finds its essence in the Quote of philosopher Rudolph Steiner, “A healthy social life is found only, when in the mirror of each soul the whole community finds its reflection and when in the whole community the virtue of each one is living.”