WELCOME TO SHANKARRAO CHAVAN LAW COLLEGE
About – Shankarrao Chavan Law College:- Marathwada Mitra Mandal, Pune was established in the year 1967 under the endured Patronage of Late. Shri Shankarrao Chavan, Former Home Minister of India. It is a Trust, registered under the Bombay Public Trust Act, 1950.
With the object to edify value based legal education the Trust started Law College with Five Years Law Course in the year June, 2003, Three Years Law Course in June, 2004 and Two years Masters of Law Course in 2010.
We determine that education is purely the psyche of a society as it inflates up on from one generation to the other. Law profession isn’t about how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know.
It rather is an accumulation of theory and practice. Therefore, we have commenced tutoring value based legal education with a difference and our distinct aim is accomplishing a legal excellence, both in theory and practice.
Marathwada Mitra Mandal’s Shankarrao Chavan Law College embarks on all round personality development of the students. The teaching method adopted by veteran and qualified faculty sustains the students to get overall knowledge of law subjects.
The College engineers its academic activities in a way to explore the platform for the students to interact with legal luminaries. Keeping into mind the wider scope of legal education, the College offers the courses which have practical utility.
Our College locates new ideas, innovations and multi-dimensional facets of pedagogy.We believe that independence in thought and action will only make the students carve their careers.
At the College, we imbibe in the students, a new outlook towards the legal profession where compassionate public service is the pious goal to be achieved.
Strategic plan and Deployment:
- Inducting qualified faculty with sound knowledge in the field of Law and Social Sciences
- Developing human capital by supporting talent, ideas and energies of outstanding individuals.
- Developing excellent teaching-learning process by establishing cohesive bond between students & faculty.
- Healthy atmosphere with discipline.
- Enhance the employability, no. of students going for higher studies and entrepreneurship.
- Adopting use of modern technology, E-sources, environment friendly methods, value based education
- The institute aims to become a Centre of Excellence in Law and wishes to march towards that goal in all possible ways.
- SCLC intends to nurture students in such a way, that they would come up with flying colours in global competitions. To impart such training, education & research activities which are acknowledged globally.
- SCLC is focused to provide practical hands through training that will enable the budding lawyers to successfully enter, hold & sustain themselves in this noble profession of law.
- SCLC wishes to expand its horizons by introducing various certificate courses for maximum practical exposure.
- SCLC wishes to establish renowned research center for quality research in law.
- SCLC is looking forward to have link ups with global intellectuals, international bodies, academicians, recruiters to upgrade career advancement opportunities for students.
- SCLC wishes to cross barriers of traditional teaching-learning methodology and want to give maximum exposure which is required for students.
- SCLC Courses intend to provide means for students to enhance basic knowledge and skills for effective advocacy.
- SCLC is keen to provide opportunities for overall development of students & make them acquainted with skills and practices which are required in this profession like sharp research skills, oratory, communication skills, English grammer, body language, mannerism’s, etc
- We at SCLC planning to increase the number of faculties with Ph. D. degree. So, the faculty members from the institute are encouraged for higher education and they are deputed for Doctoral Programs.